Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I can recall a misunderstanding that happened a long time ago. It all started when I was in 4Th grade. My mom told me that if I get good grades on my report card, I could get $50. I would spend it on video games at Game Stop. That meant all A's and B's. Fortunately, in those days, I was smarter. At least that is what I thought she said. I got my report card from school and ran home. I gave my report card to my mom and she looked at it. She gave it back to me and said, "Good Job". She then went to the kitchen.
I trailed her and asked, "Where's my 50 dollars?"
She said, " What 50 dollars?"
I then yelled, " YOU HAD GUARANTEED ME $50! What she really had said was if I get good grades on my report card, I could get anything I want for dinner. I was exasperated at her because, she tricked me. It was all a hoax. I ran into my fortress of solitude and slammed the door so hard, the neighbors three doors down in their red and black house heard it and said, "Wow
My mom busted through the door and apologized. That's what happened...............I think.

No comments: